Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy P's Birthday!!!

Yes, my sister "P"'s birthday is St. Patrick's Day!!! Yes, we both have Irish names~~and an Italian mother, go figure that one. We do have a little Irish blood in us but we were raised with the Italian side of the family. "P" looks italian, I don't....well except for the boobs. Anyway Happy Birthday Dear Sister.

On the knitting front, my Jaywalkers are coming right along, although in my humble opinion they are doing something other than walking!! I've turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches and well, there's something very wrong. As I do all my socks 2 at a time on 2 circs, don't know what I did, but they're just not sitting correctly on the needles. So, until I get size 0 or 1 DPNs (which hopefully will be today on my lunch break) I can't, won't work on them. Instead, I'm redoing the toe on my very own pattern socks. Just didn't feel right so I'm making them longer. Hey, anybody have a good pattern/yarn suggestion for socks to wear with Birkenstocks???? I'm all ears.

Sonnet is still on hold, can't find the **(^^%$ yarn anywhere and 6 balls are needed. AARRRGGGHHH. Tempting II is another fun, learning adventure. I cast on the required number of stitches on the required needle size; even cast on in pattern, so proud. The yarn is Cascade 220 superwash in a deep red. It just wasn't looking quite right so Ms. K put the needles down. Read an entry on nonaKnits and decided that maybe, just maybe there was something to this swatching stuff. Got size 7's (and have found a wonderful circular needle, Silverado by Susan Bates) and guess what? The size 7s worked. Thank you once again nona for the advice. The yarn is soft, yummy and it begs to be fondled. Now the waiting for the proper length of circ to arrive. Speaking of waiting for stuff to arrive; I did receive my first order from Knitpicks and love the sock yarn.....I ordered Parade in the plum colorway and Simple Stripes in vineyard, yes I love purple and all shades thereof. It's absolute wonderful yarn and the price is awesome. Trying to get my vacation knitting projects in order WAY ahead, yeah vacation is in August......ahem. Excuse to buy yarn????? Shit, who needs one.

No pics again today, can't find the damn transfer cord again. Yes my sign is Virgo; somewhere along the line, the universe, in its infinite wisdom, decided to (or forgot to) give me the "a place for everything and everything in its place" trait known to every other Virgo on this earth. Am I more special? Was the universe on a coffee break when I popped out? Can't explain this one. Instead my special blessing was the "obsessive" trait and the "let's reward me BEFORE I do the work" trait. Bad habit of mine......every evening and weekend this goes through my head~~~ok it's time to clean and do the laundry and when that's done then knitting~~you can imagine what ends up getting done....nothing but knitting. Oh well. At least there's one very happy camper in my household and when mama's happy so is everyone else.

The house is going to be very empty this weekend. My DD went to her dad's for the weekend for the first time in 7 weeks. Loved every freaking minute of it, she's a joy to have around and I'm going to miss her. Yes, my 15yr old DD is a joy to have around; very lucky mom here. Despite all the crap in her life the past lots of years, she's got a good outlook. She has been so "even" the past 7 weeks and seemed peaceful. Now she goes with him and i bet when she comes home Monday, well, let's not go there. She and I will be going to hockey and having a grand time.

Ah hockey, not much to say on that note except my beloved Kings are really sucking right now. Not only losing, but getting creamed, trounced, reamed etc. Will we be there tomorrow night, you betcha!!! Will we be renewing our season tickets next season? You betcha!!! I love the Kings.

Ok. I could go on forever. Let me leave you with this:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Have a marvy weekend and catch you on the rebound.

No comments: