Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good News and The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Tom Petty comes in really handy sometimes! First the good news. I found the Paton's Fresco yarn in Grape I need to finish Sonnet!!!! Happy Dance to the max!!!! Boy do I love Ebay. So in addition to waiting for my needles to finish the Jaywalkers, and waiting for the needles so I can start Tempting II, I'm now waiting for the Patons. So what do I do? Cast on for another pair of socks of course. The Knit Picks Parade was calling my name so I cast on for the Rib and Cable Socks by Nancy Bush that are in (oops, I forgot what issue) Interweave Knits. I think it's the Winter 2005 issue????? Yes two at a time on two circs. Someday I'll try the toe up method. Hey an obsessed girl has to have something on the needles. It's odd though, I'm rarely if ever cold and my goal is to have all hand knit socks????? Eh oh well. Anyway I'm really enjoying this pattern, right now it's just K4, P2, K2, P2 but it's easy and fun. I can handle purling in a rib pattern or a purl here and there but I've realized that I really don't like purling entire rows. Guess that means my only stockinette will be in the round. Now I'll beat myself up. I made a pact with myself not to purchase any more yarn this month except with the gift certificates I have. Justification for the Patons~~I have to finish the cardigan. Ok, feel better.

Awesome DD came home last night in the most amazing mood. Sometimes when she comes home from her dad's the first night can be trying. Not all the time, just a lot of the time. Apparently it was boring over there. It seems to me she was glad to be home. She is an incredible kid.......given the changes in her life over the past 8 years, she's still a sweet, kind, good hearted 15year old. Tomorrow, I'm taking her out to dinner just because. We've got to start planning her sweet 16 party. No, we're not renting a hall and having the "private prom" kind of party that's on TV these days. We're doing it all at home. Decent size back yard.... hey, we've had 150 people at the bashes we throw. I would say adult bashes, or adult only, but you might get the wrong idea. Got some themes rolling around our heads. No, she won't agree to a knitting theme.....damn!!! LOLOL

Gotta get back to work. Have a wonderful Tuesday! Until we meet again....

No comments: